RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR SELF-EMPLOYMENT
The permit lasts
- 1 year in case of first issuing, 2 years for following renewals.
The Kit also contains instructions, but if necessary it is possible to ask for help at the information points placed throughout the territory by associations, aid societies…
The Kit is to be mailed at the actual Post Offices. It is necessary to show up with residence permit, passport or «equivalent document».
DOCUMENTS TO INCLUDE IN THE ENVELOPE
- copy of passport; copy of residence permit in expiry; copy of registration to the Chamber of Commerce and copy of VAT number assignation; possible copy of municipal license; Modello Unico Persone Fisiche or 730 (income statements); the accountant’s statement concerning the business’s profits and losses in the past 4 months; copy of residence certificate; copy of real estate lease, purchase or bailment contracts, or of conveyance.
- 16.00 Euro revenue stamp
- 27.50 Euro receipt of occurred payment for the issuing of electronic residence permits
… to which it is necessary to add
- residence permit tax equal to: 80.00 Euros for residence permits lasting more than three months and less than or equal to one year; 100.00 Euros for residence permits lasting more than one year and less than or equal to two years; (one part of the receipt must be included in the Kit, the other part must be kept);
- 30.00 Euros to be paid at the Post Office for mailing expenses.
INSERTION OF CHILDREN UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE
In case of children under 14 years of age, it is necessary to include in the Kit also a copy of their passport and residence permit.
If the minor is being inserted for the first time on the parent’s residence permit, it is necessary to provide also:
- copy of birth certificate indicating maternity/paternity (translated and legalized, or with apostille, if coming from another State);
- authorization of one parent to insert the child on the other parent’s residence permit.
THE POST OFFICE’S RECEIPT
The employee at the Post Office will issue a receipt. This receipt is very important: together with the expired residence permit it is valid as a normal residence permit. It is necessary so as to exit Italy while waiting for the new permit and to verify if it is ready by visiting the websites: portaleimmigrazione.it (Area Reserved for Foreign Citizens), or poliziadistato.it. With this receipt it is possible to sign an employment contract, a lease contract or any other contract, as well as to apply for residence and health card (tessera sanitaria). The Post Office will also set an appointment with the offices at the Questura for finger print taking and to provide photographs. When going to the Questura, it is necessary to provide the original documents of the copies mailed in the Kit.